Development Grants May 2021 - CALL NOW CLOSED
The Offshore Wind Growth Partnership (OWGP) has issued its next funding call, offering up to £3.5M funding for projects to help companies to improve their competitiveness or increase capability and enable a step-change in their growth. The funding competition aims to encourage more businesses into the offshore wind supply chain by helping to overcome barriers to diversification, and for UK companies already working in the offshore wind sector to grow their market share through increased competitiveness and development of new products or services.
Grants of £100,000 to £1,000,000 are available for companies to improve their competitiveness or increase capability to enable a step-change in their growth in offshore wind. The call is open to a wide range of proposals across the existing offshore wind supply chain and beyond, to fund projects that will ultimately lead to an increase in UK content and/or exports of offshore wind capability.
OWGP is seeking applications from UK companies with project proposals focused on one of the following areas:
- Investing in new equipment or facilities to increase manufacturing or service delivery capacity or capability.
- Developing and implementing new operational processes that will increase competitiveness in the UK and global markets
- Investing in near-to-market technologies, products and/or services to improve operational performance, reliability and/or efficiency.
- Other activity that will grow the company and lead to increased jobs, turnover and/or exports.
The Development Grants Call has a two-stage application process to ensure a simple first stage application and to enable the OWGP to manage the volume of applications.
Only applicants successful in the first stage will be invited to submit a Stage 2 application.
- Call opens – 19th May 2021
- Online Briefing Event – 28th May 2021 from 2:00pm – 3:00pm. You can download the briefing slide pack and access the webinar recording below.
- Stage 1 Application deadline – CLOSED
- Successful Stage 1 Applicants Notified – 16th July 2021
- Stage 2 Application deadline – 27th August 2021 at 5:00pm