Fit 4 Offshore Renewables (F4OR)
Applications are not currently being accepted.
- Be a UK-registered company. (Please note, academic institutions and RTO’s are not eligible for this opportunity).
- Show a clear intent to diversify their business into offshore wind or demonstrate existing capability in the sector.
- Can clearly articulate their desire to enter / grow their presence in the offshore wind market.
- Hold ISO:9001 accreditation from a recognised body or be actively working towards this.
- Be open minded to identified needs and deficiencies as a business and have a proactive attitude to business improvement and constructive feedback.
- Provide detailed information to OWGP, ORE Catapult and their dedicated programme partners to allow support delivery.
- Demonstrate how the support would impact their business and the additionality it would provide by participating in the programme.
To boost your chance of success, always read the scoping document to check your eligibility before you start the application.
Programme Scope Guidance
Top tips for a successful Business Transformation application
Frequently asked questions
The WEST Programme is open to all companies regardless of their size or level of knowledge or capability in the offshore wind sector. All we ask for is a strategic ambition to explore and increase your capability and understanding within the offshore wind sector.
The F4OR programme is open to companies from other sectors who have complimentary skills, products or services which can be transferred to offshore wind.
The Sharing in Growth Offshore Wind programmes is a more advanced programme for companies who already have a proven track record within the offshore wind sector.
From being informed of a successful application, the typical programme durations are as follows:
- WEST – 3 to 4 months
- F4OR – 12 – 18 months
- Sharing in Growth – Multi-year programme
OWGP’s Business Transformation programmes have supported over 185 companies to enhance their capabilities and knowledge within the offshore wind sector with the number growing each month! The nature of our beneficiary companies has ranged from 1-2 person businesses right up to multi-national organisations with global footprints covering all phases of the offshore wind lifecycle.
When our programmes are accepting applications, the application information can be found on the following web-page under the relevant programme header: https://owgp.org.uk/about/business-transformation-programmes/ .
Our programmes are delivered by strategic partner organisations and expert consultants who have vast knowledge and experience across offshore wind sector and wider business areas. This allows OWGP support to have increased impact to support growth in the sector.
Many companies who have gone through one of the programmes have seen an increase in offshore wind knowledge thereby helping them accelerate winning work in the sector.
Since 2020 a subset of 185 BT supported companies have collectively;
- increased by 145.5 Jobs in Offshore Wind
- increased Turnover by £13.9m in Offshore Wind
- reported >£43m in annual revenue from exports in Offshore Wind
- have developed 8 new marketable products or services for the sector
We have written detailed Scope and Guidance documents for all of our programmes which can be found at https://owgp.org.uk/about/business-transformation-programmes/.
If you’re not too sure – reach out to a member of the team who will be happy to help you: firstname.lastname@example.org .