We are seeking a Programme Manager to join our team and support the development and delivery of this flagship business growth programme for the UK offshore wind supply chain.
This is one of the foundations of the recent Offshore Wind Sector Deal and is essential to grow the level of the UK content in UK projects whilst also increasing exports to a rapidly expanding global market. This Sector Deal builds on the UK’s global leadership in offshore wind, maximising the advantages for industry from the global shift to clean growth.
The Programme Manager will review successful programmes in other industrial sectors and design a programme of advisory and grant support services to enable companies to grow and prosper through the innovation and development of new technologies / service lines.
The aim of this programme is to improve competitiveness, productivity and market share of the UK Offshore Renewable Energy Supply Chain. The post holder will organise the delivery of these activities whilst working closely with regional agencies, delivery partners and supply chain SMEs, OEMs and developers.
An exciting role which focusses on the delivery of ambitious programmes ensuring that businesses have the funding, support, skills, and infrastructure required to flourish.
What are my key responsibilities?
- Develop strong connections with the regional clusters including developing agencies, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPS), trading SMEs / OEMs and developers;
- Develop a programme of activities (timetable, budget, delivery plan);
- Support the procurement of a framework agreement for delivery partners including manufacturing specialists / academia;
- Work with regional engagement managers to ensure a fair assessment of applications;
- Coordinate activity with the delivery partners;
- Support networking and PR events to promote activities through all available channels;
- Communicate effectively, providing regular and ad-hoc reports to ORE Catapult; Management Team and the OWGP Board;
- Maintain and control documentation including applications, assessments and outputs;
- Control budget for projects and programmes ensuring that cost forecasts remain within the overall project budgets;
- Commit to ensuring and maintaining a high standard of health & safety awareness through encouraging safe behaviours within and out with direct reports, contractors and other stakeholders.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- A degree or equivalent
- High level of experience within a relevant sector such as energy, aerospace, automotive
- An excellent understanding of the supply chain
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage stakeholders
- Excellent planning and analysis skills
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Good problem-solving skills and tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
We offer exciting challenges and career opportunities in an ever-growing innovative company. Our working environment is open, inspiring and multicultural, and we provide great potential for personal and professional development.
In return, an excellent remuneration package is offered which includes attractive basic salary, pension, bonus, and subsidised health care saving scheme.
Please apply via the ORE Catapult website by following this link
Closing Date: 10th December 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, or status regarding gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.